Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• okay headlamp

posted by sitely on 07/13/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

bright main lamp with small but intense spot. spill area is dark and could use more light. there are three intensity levels but are not that noticeable to me. main lamp light is white without any noticeable color tint.

the three basic leds okay for nearby work but significant bluish/purple tint. can use one, two, or all three basic leds.

Cons:

red leds in front and in back of battery pack are not used by me, but can be useful for someone riding in dark traffic.

included batteries are very light and low capacity. charger did not work for me. tried charging included batteries for 48 continuous hours with included charger without reaching full charge state. guess they gave me 220v unit when really i am in North America with 110V.

OtherThoughts:

had to buy this one because sku 12275 was sold out. not disappointed but had to pay higher price for useless batteries and useless charger. !!!! dealextreme please bring back sku 12275 !!!!

Bottomline:

good for temporary hands free work using one, two, or all three basic leds. avoid looking at bluish light for long time because of damage to eyes from blue light. main lamp good for looking around further out with its bright white light spot but more light in the spill would make this headlamp even better.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections