DX » Community » Reviews » ND-100S SiRF-III GPS USB Receiver Dongle for Laptop (Work with Street & Trips)
  • 5 star 10 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byRCJ25 on 04/05/2014

The supplied software was very easy to install ... but review the manual first! I had a couple of questions about adding GPS to other software...had I read the manual I would have had the answers. Software installs easily, reboot system and GPS was easily added by system. The GPS adds another layer of safety on my sailboat - a very reasonable backup ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynordicnurse on 07/23/2012

Price is good, its sold construction and works as its supposed to. What else is there to ask for? No real ones. You need to stick this at the of a usb extension cable so it won't be near the computer or it won't aqcuire signal. If you need a usb gps then this is the one. I already recommended this to my friend :) Good buy. :) Read more

2 0
  • posted byMadCowTeaM on 06/29/2012

The item is easy to use since a good program for it to use is also included on the CD. The program use Google maps, so it is preety accuate and fast enough when it is connected and redy. The build quality is realy good and looks professional. It has a LED that shows the status. Users manual is small but well made and simple enough so also a newbie can ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byClientSberbanka on 05/17/2012

+ Reasonable price. + Compact. + Uses standard NMEA 0183 protocol. + Uses USB-UART PL-2303 chip which is supported by Windows, Linux and (possibly) Android. + Receives GPS signal in a room near the window well. - Supplied software is for setup and test only and not intended for serious use - you need a navigation software with maps to use it. - This ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMrVenomm on 06/30/2011

For me the positives are much more from the negatives. It is very simple but, perfectly working device. I can tell very good words like: +Very easy to install +CD includes test software +Accurate positioning +Fast startup +Very good build quality +Works with every software that i tried +Light and compact +Low price +Tracks more that 8 satellites in ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byMrVenomm on 06/29/2011

+Very easy to install +CD includes test software +Accurate positioning +Fast startup +Very good build quality +Works with every software that i tried +Light and compact +Low price +Tracks more that 8 satellites in the same time From the day that i had received it i have no cons. Of course it is not working inside the building, but if you are standing ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byx86dx on 03/23/2011

Hard to write reviews about stuff that just works, does what it should and does it well. Without any problems defined satellites and software Garmin Mobile XT (on the car-PC with WinXP32bit) identified the GPS receiver as a mother. Other Software www.pocketgis.biz too easily positioned on the receiver ND-100S. Noticed a problem: if the stick ND-100S ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylavalausag on 03/23/2011

Connected it directly to my Acer Aspire One, it did not receive any signal; with the short extension, it did not work either but when I added the 2 m length of USB extension, it worked ok - it is then susceptible to RF interference , specially since I have the VGA cable hooked-on - After it connected, 9 satellites were received when the unit was taken ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjkenny23 on 11/09/2010

Reasonably accurate Picks up satellites fairly quickly Software worked on XP, Vista 32-bit, 7 64-bit Simple USB-Serial driver, outputs raw NMEA data to serial terminal Does NOT work on my netbook, period: Driver installs fine, software opens, shows NMEA data flowing in, but it will NEVER pick up a satellite. I think it might be due to the GPS depending ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySpectralUA on 10/19/2010

Good device. Build quality and materials is acceptable. Fairly quickly detects satellites. With good visibility of satellites running quickly and clearly. Has a good set of drivers and an update on the manufacturer's website. Software compatibility is good. Need a very good view of the sky. In a car you need to put into the open. No driver installation ... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections