There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• (Almost) perfect replacement

posted by silvoslaf on 07/29/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The thing is really good. The LCD screen, the touchscreen (comes without the home button) glass looks and feels just like the original. Had no problems instaling and the thing fits thight&perfectly.

Cons:

OK, I'm only guessing here, but I think the screen resolution is not perfectly placed. It looks like the border-lines are missing a few pixels. Not randomly, but all along the border. So instead 480x320 it looks (and you really have to look real closely!) like the resolution is 475x316. But that causes no problems with UI and works perfectly nontheless. That's why I may be wrong and I still haven't compared that LCD to the original iPhone 3G screen.

Also, you'll have to buy this as well: sku.39620 It's the backside of the LCD screen. So don't forget to order that part as well!

OtherThoughts:

Well, I was a bit worried about packaging too, but fear not! IMO - there's so much of bubblewrap paper around the stuff there really is no chance that this would brake.

Bottomline:

Good stuff. If your screen is broken, buy this, follow the YT video instruction or the iFixit step-by-step instructions and the fix will be a lot cheaper! :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections