Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very useful! But a few cons...

posted by lejige on 07/02/2012
    2 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Easy to install, it's my first time opening an iphone and youtube was very helpful;
    - The screen itself looked sturdier than the one I was replacing;
    - Fits 3G perfectly.

Cons:

- As one poster has stated, the LCD flat cable needed to be positioned a certain way to work. I had to prop it with a piece of tape for it to work ok;
    - I don't know if it's just me, but I felt that the LCD colors were not as crisp as the original;
    - There is no adhesive to stick the screen to its plastic frame, so you need to customize your own double-sided tape, which unfortunately is not strong enough and I'm not keen on using permanent glue or epoxy;
    - The LCD does not come with the metal backing, so you'll need to buy one or pry out your old one. There is one available here in DX but I found out too late and wasn't able to include it in my order.

OtherThoughts:

I am not really sure if this is a genuine apple replacement part primarily because it was not actually plug and play. It needed a little tweak. But in the end, it worked well to make a broken phone useable again. I'm actually being tempted to re-order just to have one handy just in case.

Bottomline:

Thanks for this DX. I hope this item will not be discontinued for a while still as it is very useful and costs considerably higher if bought from repair shops in my country.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections