• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• One of the best deal on DealExtreme!

posted by psyko_chewbacca on 01/12/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Good large screen. Pixel ratio is good. I image quality is good!
    -Very easy to operate, touch buttons are snappy:)
    -2 input sources
    -Decent amount of options in the configuration menu
    -Multiple language
    -Remote
    -Can be removed to help prevent car theft.
    -Reflects enough to use it as your main mirror when not in use.

Cons:

-Power signal in the cable is not shielded from the video signals. Clean your +12V from any garbage with a filter.
    -Instructions manual not really clear
    -A little bit of dust can get between the protective plastic glass and the LCD screen itself. Not noticeable when it is on.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this screen some time ago and since the day I received it I left it in my car. Where I live, it's winter and temps can get as low as -20 Celsius. The screen is working fine even at those temps!
    I bought this to connect it to my Xbox running XBMC. I listen to movies and play games with it. Image quality is good. Just make sure you install a filter on the power line. At first I got interference in my image because of it.
    I am really impressed with the quality of this device! I did not think it would survive the cold. As of now it is still working great.

Bottomline:

I bought this screen without the bluetooth option because I don't drive with it. I only install it while I am parked. The bluetooth option seemed not necessary. The remote is also of no use for me. I used it only to set my config menu options.
    I like this solution for a LCD in a car because I can remove the screen without alot of effort. The only downside is that a little bit of dust managed to get between the plastic screen and the LCD screen.
    Thanks DealExtreme for this device!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections