DX » Community » Reviews » SYD-0808 64-LED 480LM Continuous Lighting for Camera and Camcorder (4*AA)
  • 5 star 25 ( 69% )
  • 4 star 11 ( 31% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byFATECTMT on 01/08/2014

- 2 levels of light intensity - Hot-shoes on every side (3 female, 1 male) - you can scale to an light array - Most lumens and leds for the price It´s small and light (depending on the batteries weight No color corretion - no filters or diffusers to control color or light Uses 4x AA batteries - requires alcaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)... Read more

0 0
  • posted byblaser55 on 12/07/2013

I bought this for photography but end up using it all over the place, as it is also a great yet small work light. It fits into small places. Nice even lighting. I'm buying more so that I can set them up to cancel more shadows on objects I'm photographing. Easy on batteries. At this price I would have to dig deep. It is plastic and not a solid metal ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byatvix on 12/03/2013

Cheap product, easy to carry and you can install in "point and shoot" cameras with the bracket. Has two levels of lightning and uses 4 x AA batteries, that makes easy to change batteries when needed. The inside bulding construction is not too good. There is a small piece that can easily drop with a small bump and does not work anymore. But ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGabrielPotumati on 11/28/2013

Powerfull light source with light weight and small size - Equal to flash light with GN about 5 meters indoor but gives permanent light - 3 more similar lights can be attached to sides to make cluster - Has two brightness levels 480 and 240 lumens - Gives good white light with temperature about 5300 K, no blue line - Excellent value for thus price 4 ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygobex on 07/24/2013

Good full illumination with the option to dim the light through a switch. It was made with good materials and it was well assembled. With the extension support you can use and adjust it on your camcorder or camera without any difficulty. You can also attach it to the hot shoe of your camera. 4 AA battery could be a problem, but I have been using rechargeable ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydunantar on 07/22/2013

Many but I will highlight two of them. The light produced is of a very good quality and is very intense Plastic parts should be better the hotshoe is hard to fit and hard to twist so sometimes it can stay loose wich is not good because the light beam can be moved easily. I am going to buy another one for sure. I want to try to use two of them on a left ... Read more

Back side Front side Open back door Bottom Bottom Stand arm attached With meter aside
    0 0
  • posted byPaulchan on 07/13/2013

I saw a professional photographer using the exact light in a wedding party. After some reseach, I decided to get one. It's a daylight color temperature which is very bright within 4 mters. There are two levels of brightness which you can adjust. The mounting bracket is plastic but strong enough to hold camcorder and camera ( of course not for the heavy ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycatraka on 05/27/2013

Very light and energy saver, the charged batteries last much longer than expected and the diference between the recording with this light and without it is noticeable, the colors from footage from my handycam are much brighter end defined. I don't see any cons at the moment. The rail mount is plastic, but hey - even then it's great for the price. If ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysensay1980 on 05/11/2013

- Powerfull light source with light weight and small size - Equal to flash light with GN about 5 meters indoor but gives permanent light - 3 more similar lights can be attached to sides to make cluster - Has two brightness levels 480 and 240 lumens - Gives good white light with temperature about 5300 K, no blue line - Excellent value for thus price ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysnowboarderx on 04/30/2013

- This is a perfect addition to my camera bag, great for video. - Nice skin tones - Creates a nice vignette around the subject - Simple sturdy design - Runs on AAs (using eneloops) None Using this with a 5DMKIII, Sony RX100 and a Sony TX30. Works great with each camera, can be mounted in the hotshoe or with the attached arm. Honestly, I was sceptical ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections