DX » Community » Reviews » OBDII V600 USB Car Diagnostic Cable for VW/Audi/Skoda
  • 5 star 4 ( 57% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 43% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice tool for VAG, Subaru and others

posted by shaman1msk on 09/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very good quality, but not excellent. I already bought more than 20 pcs, only two of them had small soldering problem. It takes me about 5 minutes to solder one of the broken pins ito the first and the other had bad cable (USB connector). I’m also successfully repaired it.
    This cable built on a FTDI FT232RL Chip. So you have one of the best solution and drivers for many operating systems.
    These K-L-Line cables allow you to read and logging Subaru cars after 2000 Model year. Use EcuExplorer freeware tool (you can easily find it using Google) for example. You can also use other software for Subaru cars. But please remember, that you cann’t reflash you Subie with this!
    It also works with VAG till 2004 MY. I’m trying VAG-Com 4.1 (comes with the cable on CD).
    Also you can use this cable to read Russian cars, VAZ for example. BUT! You need to do the new connector or adapter OBD-II -> VAZ connector. It is the main trouble. But I just solder the wires with pins to the PCB of this cable and connect this pins to the connector of Russian car ;)

Cons:

The built quality of the PCB inside, plastic case is good. But some cables have bad soldering and poor quality USB connectors.
    The USB cable (wire) is too thick and hard, IMHO.
    There no other cons I see.

OtherThoughts:

The cable (wire) have strong plastic smell. May by better to use thinner more quallity cable.

Bottomline:

Must have thing if you have suitable car, notebook and like to repair or tune you car youself. The price is good!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections