Customer’s impression:
good Good price Bien Calidad One bulb burned out in two weeks. Second one is st
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great Light - question on lasting

posted by cyriusbe on 09/30/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I am use to build myself such device, with constant current drivers, separate led device, with radiator. FOR THE PRICE this is unbeatable for me....
    Replacing MR16 bulb with that in some underwater lamp is just great !!
    Color is ok, light is ok. Again at that price...

Cons:

Building quality, i have bought 3, have to reassemble two which just disassemble during delivery, still working anyway, it was just tighten again pieces. They are a bit longer than MR16, this might be a problem for too tight mounting. need a good air flow for warm to go out.

OtherThoughts:

Building way is alarming me; This LEDs are warming in their back, the wire are just going through the middle hole, i hope the plastic is thermally resistant, such LED could reach 170°c !! In my own build, the radiator is placed behind the led with thermal grease, and not aside; Will see but i can repair them myself at least ;-). And if this is working, i will change my building way :-).

Bottomline:

open alloy is indeed a flaw for tiny bugs going inside (as said in a previous review). They will not live long, opening it is simple for cleaning.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections