Customer’s impression:
good Good price Bien Calidad One bulb burned out in two weeks. Second one is st
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good LED lights for halogen replacement

posted by maxcreen on 10/13/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I used them to replace 20W MR16 halogen lamps and they works just fine, with good color temperature and luminosity.
    The temperature of the lamps remains in the safe area, at least with the fixtures I mounted them in.
    Absorbed power is about 4W, as advertised.
    While testing I discovered they can be dimmed: read more in "Other Thoughts".

Cons:

Nothing is known about the reliability of the product: only time will say ...

OtherThoughts:

I tested the devices I received and here are the results:
    between 8.5V and 14V constant luminosity and nearly constant power (4.0-4.3W at 9V, 3.8-4.0W at 13V), so the lamps are slightly more efficient at higher voltages.
    between 5.5V and 8.2V the luminosity changes with voltage (less than 0.1W at 5.5V, 4.5W or more at 8.2V): at 8.2V luminosity is slightly higher than at higher voltages.
    between 8.2V and 8.5V and between 5.0 and 5.5V the lamps became instable with sudden variation of luminosity, or flicker: I think one should avoid to use them at this voltages.
    Under 5.0V the lamps are off.

Bottomline:

I'm going to buy more of them, to better test the variable luminosity range between 5.5V and 8.2V I need to build a self-made power supply

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections