Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Works as advertised, dissapointing build quality

posted by cadocado on 03/22/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

1. allows you to use bigger antennas which would otherwise cause problems on small routers or USB adapters.

2. Allows you to play around with different antennas without wearing out the connector on your router / USB adapter.

3. Allows you to place antenna where you want it, not fixed to router or USB adapter.

I was concerned that a long cable might dampen the signal strength. That would defy using a high gain antenna! Fortunately this does not seem to be the case.

Cons:

The thread which the antenna screws on was damaged on mine. This ruined one antenna. I had to fix it myself.

The magnet is too weak. It is useless. This would not hold on the outside of a moving car - which is the whole point of having a magnet.

OtherThoughts:

I would not mind a thicker and/or shorter cable, but that's because I am obsessed with signal strength.

Quality control should be better.

There should be 4 strong Neodyum magnets in the base, or none at all.

If you use it in a car, stick your own magnets to it. It works well in your house, it lets you relocate your routers antenna.

Bottomline:

If you use it inside to relocate your antenna or to experiment with different antennas, it's good.

If you want to stick an antenna on your car, you have to modify it a litte.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections