• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Meets my needs, with a bit of tweaking

posted by cwben on 05/25/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I use it to hold a portable DVD player in place, for my kid to watch in the front seat.

It works great, keeping the player in place. Due to the heavy weight of the player I have, it has to rest on the dashboard which is the best way of stabilising it. So far, it's pretty sturdy when driving over bumps and humps.

Cons:

The base edges of the holding "arms" are a bit rough. They caused deep scratches on my dashboard surface before I realised that fixing some rubber pads (eg. furniture leg pads) eliminated the problem.

However, if you're not particular about the condition of your dashboard surface, it won't pose any issue.

OtherThoughts:

If it was used to hold a lighter device such as a large GPS, it need not have to rest on the dashboard and no modifications (adding rubber pads) would be necessary.

Bottomline:

A great device to have in the car, especially for holding an essential device like a DVD player to keep a toddler sitting in front intrigued and quiet.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections