• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent construction and great little thrower

posted by luckystrike2k on 07/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very well made light, the machining is near perfect, anodised threads came lubricated and screw on and off smoothly every time. The design is good with the well placed o-rings enclosed, very water resistant. I have used in monsoon like conditions and left sitting in running water with no water ingress.

Very good throw for a AA powered light with a tight hot spot and usable spill, much more throw than flood.

Forward clicky.

About 50-60 minutes good brightness using AA Nimh and will continue to run down to >1v at gradually decreasing output for many hours.

Very comfortable to hold and carry, comes in a white box with a lanyard.

Cons:

Only runs on AA 1.2/1.5 volt batteries as far as I know.

If it were a couple of dollars cheaper I'd buy several and have them everywhere handy

OtherThoughts:

Much better made than any of my Ultrafire lights, I think it will out last several of my other lights.

Out throws my C3, could be even better if it could take higher voltage batteries.

Tail lock out possible for transportation or storage with a battery in.

Bottomline:

Very well constructed single AA light perfect for every day use. Would make a high quality gift that you needn't worry about cleaning up first or fixing later. A highly recommended buy

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections