There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• I like it so far.

posted by stosh on 12/02/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Uses only 1 AA. VERY convenient to switch out.
    Quite bright with Rechargeable "2650mAh" AA NiMH battery. I don't have a 14500 to try. Slightly (not much at all) dimmer than my 3 AAA - C30 - CREE P4 that is becoming kind of unreliable/flickery. Very compact. Rugged shape. Clip (which is medium tight). Gray finish seems flawless.

Cons:

The button seems pretty stiff. I occasionally need to adjust my grip to switch it on. It's not horrible though. I kinda wish the clip wasn't so tight. Good for clothes bad for clipping on the car door storage area which is what I was hoping to be able to do easily. Battery doesn't last as long as I'm used to with my 3 AAA light but that is expected with only 1 AA.

OtherThoughts:

It heats up after a few minutes. I hope heat won't be the death of this one.
    With multi-battery lights, it is usually just one battery that is near death. I (when possible) test the batteries to find the bad one and only charge/change it. I used to just switch all 3 out but I got one of those inexpensive small testers and have been more efficient ever since.

Bottomline:

I like this light. The cons are very minor to me. The battery configuration and small size are my favorites. I may buy another.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections