Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Lock is a JOKE

posted by petronixx on 12/11/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Full featured. I like the TARE and UNIT options. But - I bought this for the LOCK option, which is useless. See below.

Cons:

I bought this for my girlfriend, which travels a lot on business, so she can have a clue about her luggage size at the hotel, before arriving at the airport. She can lift a 30 KG suitcase for a brief moment.
    Unfortunately, LOCK options requires the scale to reach balance to get a read. This takes good number of seconds, anywhere up to 15 seconds. Steady hand holding a 30 KG suitcase for this time period is not going to happen. This means she has to hang the suitcase on the scale, and hang the scale on something. This means LOCK is useless. She can just as well look at the scale.
    Now, the EXPECTED "Lock" button should have displayed the MAXIMUM weight, not the final balanced one. Then you could have held the luggage for a brief moment and still see a reading.
    TOO BAD. This is useless as a hotel-room traveling luggage scale.

OtherThoughts:

I should have suspected when I noticed the device does not come with an easy handle for hand holding it.

Bottomline:

USELESS for luggage and travel.
    Might be nice for fishing.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections