DX » Community » Reviews » Waterproof Vehicle Rear Sight Video Camera with 7-LED Night Vision (12V DC/PAL)
  • 5 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great cam, easy to install!

posted by bear2 on 07/25/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The camera itself looks great and the image is also good enough for the purpose. The camera comes with all the necessary cables so that it can be installed easily.

The light of the LEDs aren't visible, but very bright ;-) When you install the camera outside the car, they're so bright that you don't have to use an additional light to see what's behind you.

The angle view is cool. You can see EVERYTHING behind your car :-)

Cons:

The power cable of the camera is really, really thin. It's quite hard to connect it to other cables.

What I don't really like about this cam is that it shows some distance lines on the screen that you can't switch off. I uploaded a few pictures (and a video is following tomorror) where you can see them. They CAN be useful, but I don't really want them.

Another con is that you can't really install this camera inside the car. You have to find a way that the light doesn't get reflected by the window or the window heating because otherwise you can't see anything through it! (Usefullness rating: 3/5)

OtherThoughts:

I can definitely recommend the cam to others. Please be aware of the distance lines and the bright LEDs.

Bottomline:

Well, buy it if you like it ;-)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections