Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Impressive camera for the price

posted by eggymelon on 09/05/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Comes with mounting bolts and cables, looks very nice fitted to the car and matches the black plastic of my car's rear-lights assembly.

Very clear black and white night vision, and good colour daytime vision. Has coloured guide lines on the video image which look like something out of a movie, and are useful for lining up the car when parking.

Cons:

I had difficulty using this with the included 8m cable and LCD monitor sku.39044. The screen would keep flickering for up to a minute trying to work out if it was NTSC or PAL before producing a good colour image. I tried a better cable and it seemed to fix the problem, also unplugging one end of the RCA cable slightly gave me a black and white image without any problems.

OtherThoughts:

My car has a plastic bolted-on middle section for the rear-lights assembly, with the license plate and license plate lights. I removed the plastic assembly and mounted the camera to that, then routed the cable between that and the bodywork, and through an existing cable grommet in the bodywork,

so I didn't need to drill any metal bodywork.

Bottomline:

Very nice camera, but be prepared to get a better RCA video cable for it, and/or a good enough screen inside the car (maybe a PAL-only screen wouldn't get confused). If you have an 80s car then this camera will complement the style of the car nicely.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections