DX » Community » Reviews » 3-Mode 5-LED Bicycle Tail Light (2*AAA)
  • 5 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• great

posted by nande on 09/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

One thing the description doesnt say is that this light is superbly waterproof! There is a thin silicon lining inside all around the red cover, and all around the inside of the battery cover. Pretty sure this will work well underwater with no problems at all because there is not even one hole where water can enter. Heck, I should say this light is airtight! It doesnt look like it but it is when you open it up to put the battery and explore.
    The light is quite bright, brighter than those normal blinkers for sure. This will be great in heavy rain you can be sure that only the outside gets wet and nothing leaks inside.

Cons:

The design is a little too fanciful so it looks slightly like a toy.
    Quite bulky.
    This should be the most tedious (not hard, just tedious) light you will ever come across when you need to change batteries. First you need to press the light out of the silver outer shell (not hard to do), then when you flip it you will see 3 tiny screws. You need to unscrew all 3 with the supplied tiny screwdriver and change battery and screw back. I suppose you don't have to screw the screws.. then it becomes very easy. The silver shell is very secure in keeping the battery cover in place. The screws are there so that the battery cover can be very tightly pressing against the silicon lining for waterproofing. If you don't use the light underwater I'm quite sure the silicon will still keep water out.
    Its for a good reason though.

OtherThoughts:

I would have given the built quality a 5 if not for the fact that below my button there is a little bit of excess rubber where it should be a round circle . It doesnt affect the function tho, and nobody will ever see it and most users will probably even miss it. The silicon linings and everything else is perfect though and that is what matters.
    I wish there is a white version that i can mount as a front light or to use for camping because it is so watertight and airtight its amazing.

Bottomline:

Buy it while its still available! Buy it even if for no other reason than just to own the most waterproof light you will ever come across..

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections