DX » Community » Reviews » Flint Stick and Striker with Cylinder Case - Black + Orange
  • 5 star 7 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byyomamacold on 05/23/2014

it is quite cheap and is great as a gift. each strike uses very little of the flint stick. The handle is a little flimsy, but its not an issue if you really need to start a fire requires a little scratching before the big sparks start coming you really have to scrape off a little layer before it starts working. but after a few strikes to "warm ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysisquet87 on 11/14/2013

Really cheap flint, really good sparks when using not with the striker provided it is a must for anyone who likes to hike outdoors Not good good of the handle of the flint, after very few uses it falls down, but nothing that a bit of good glue can repair the striker is useless, get an old small scissors, that works! So my advice is to get rid of the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAigeasX on 09/14/2013

You can have a fire very easily with that flint stick.It is small so i pack it in my mini survival kit.The price is also good compared to Greek prices. The handle is plastic so is very easy to break.If you are gentle then you can avoid this.The paracord is of a poor quality and not useful.I would prefer the flint and the striker to be separated of connected ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCanoehound on 07/13/2013

This FS&S is solid and light weight compared to other magnesium/flint fire starters. It comes with a protective coating on the flint that needs to be scraped off before achieving good spark but once that is done... let the fireworks begin. If you have a general knowledge of how to start a fire with this device you will have no problem doing so. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTurutko on 02/18/2013

The price is good, and the build quality is on satisfactory level. I am very pleased. Other people who bought this from me are pleased too with quality and price i gave them. Good deal! I did not see any of cons, instead the box which is broken in transport. I bought 5 pieces for reselling in my country, and i am very satisfied with price on DX. My ... Read more

0 0
  • posted by71Artsi on 12/10/2012

- looks good. - worked extremely well and I compare it to my other flint stick. - strikes burn very well and hotter than what I expected. - good quality. - easy to use. - organge part, especially in flint stick, will be parted too easily, but you can fix the problem as easily by yourself, use a little bit of good glue and you can say goodbuy to that ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysmar2 on 12/07/2012

- strong sparking (very easy to set paper on fire) - hard rubberised handles (not slippery while using the flint and striker) - the flint is thick enough as not to break during normal usage, even with more pressure applied to it - although this isn't really a con, the plastic tubular "case" is not unusable after you open it. A reusable stronger ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byWitzz on 09/02/2012

Received in a package, quality plastic, seems like it will last for ages. both parts connected with rope so it prevents loosing it. Maybe some smaller package would be useful, the one in which it comes, takes a lot of space and is not practical at all. Well, you can cut original package in half, making it more suitable for carrying in a bag. One of ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDaz21 on 11/08/2011

Very good price! Small. Fits into any pocket/bag. Looks like a fairly strong build too. And did I mention...good price! Could be a bit bigger. They could also make the string a bit longer, but that is not really a con. This is the perfect item to have in your hiking/camping bag!! I was a bit skeptical about the size at first, but I have used it now ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections