Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• For the price.. unbeatable

posted by admacdo on 01/21/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It's REAL LEATHER! 100 percent cows skin. (Unless of course someone has managed to make something that smells and feels and wears like leather does). I've put my S95 in this and it looks the part. It nicely covers all the bits that are going to get bashed around in my bag and lets me not worry so much about things.

Cons:

That the camera case is actually designed for the S90 means that it will be a little loose on the S95 as it's slightly slimmer. It's not a deal breaker. The bottom snap is a little bit harder to get on because the case isn't quite flush with the bottom of the camera, and so compresses. With a bit of dexterity, one can get it on.

OtherThoughts:

I've always loved the look of the leather camera case. I guess it goes back to my Dad's old 160 film jobby with the bellows lens. Realistically though, if you're going to buy the best compact camera on the market, you may as well take it with you. Here's a method of achieving that with a little more flair than a boring black plastic formed case. It's quick to access and get into action once you have the hang of folding the back around and under so that you can access the screen. All of the raw leather edges have been coated in a synthetic rubber type of stuff. Only time will tell how durable it is. Bet it dies before the leather though..

Bottomline:

If you've got an S90 or S95, this should be a no brainer. Look after your camera. Put a screen protector on it and carry it about in a wrap around leather case of distinction.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections