• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• iPhone Compatible - So far, so good!

posted by greatchase on 07/27/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

I just got this and opened it up. I fully charged it through my computer first, as you should with any battery. The charge status LED went from red to green (indicating full charge) within 90 minutes. It includes an iPhone adapter and it's currently sitting next to me happily charging my iPhone 3GS.

Cons:

The mini USB to phone adapter cable is very short (about 5 inches). The iPhone adapter head is a little bulky, so I had to take it out of it's case to get it to actually "click in" to my phone. It's not necessary if you're in a hurry however. I can still plug it in with the case on, it just doesn't click in and the connection gets lost if you bump it. Also, the cord that came with my iPhone does not work with this. You have to use the short cable that came this. I'm going to try getting a mini USB extension cord and see if that works, but I haven't done so yet.

OtherThoughts:

The fact that the fully charged indicator came on in 90 minutes can mean a few things. Maybe it came partially charged. (That's what I'm hoping for.) But it could also mean that the battery isn't as big as it claims to be. The battery is supposedly around 2 to 3 times larger than my iPhone's internal battery, so in theory it should take more time to charge than my phone does, not less time. It could also mean that it doesn't drip charge the last 15% like lithium batteries should be. If that is the case, it could shorten it's potential lifespan. For now, I can only speculate. Hopefully it came partially charged and all is well.

Bottomline:

Not too much experience with it yet, but so far, so good. My main concern is that it wouldn't be iPhone compatible and it is. So I'm happy with that! I'm hoping for the best with the whole battery charging thing. Also, I haven't had a chance to test its solar performance yet. I have high hopes in those two aspects though, so unless I'm proven very wrong over the next 2 weeks or so, I think I'm going to be very happy with this purchase.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections