There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works as good as a solar panel can work

posted by joshhsoj1902 on 11/06/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Free power! it's kinda easy to use, and it does charge my iPod touch (as well as BB pearl)
    It has a big battery. on a full charge I was able to use it to keep my iPod charged for about 3 days without recharging the solar panel

Cons:

It is really slow to charge with solar power. It says it takes 15 hours to charge with solar but by that it likely means direct sunlight. It will charge with moderate sunlight and even on over cast days, but don't expect it to charge much.
    I want to hook it up so that I can hang it from my window, but i haven't got around to figuring out how to go about doing that.

OtherThoughts:

As for charing the iPod it did take a little bit of fighting. i think it just doesn't like to charge an iPod from a full charge. What will happen is it start charging but turns off in like 40 seconds. What i have to do when it does that is keep trying. on the 5-6th try it will stay on and i would have no problems till the next full charge.

Bottomline:

I would not rely on this device to keep my iPod or Phone running, but it's really easy to just leave it near a window and let it charge for a week (It has been overcast all week so it took all week), then on the weekend charge my devices from it.
    cost wise i think your better just plugging your device into the wall. but if you're kinda green like me little things like this could make a difference over a few years. I hope this little guy lasts me :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections