Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Superb device

posted by comunicarla on 08/29/2012
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- It is a genuine D-Link device
    - Came sealed, inside original box with serial number, MAC address, firmware version
    - Add ons included cradle for desktop back USB use or for better locating device if notebook is not in a nice place for signal receival, disk with 1.0v of driver, short manual
    - Device is well-built, came inside plastic bag with notice on installation
    - Works on MacOS, Windows and Linux versions
    - 1/3 of the current price in my country
    - It took only 14 days to arrive, what is a record

Cons:

- It took me awhile to understand what was going on during install, because my Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium refused to acknowledge the "device" and kept installing it as if it were an ordinary USB device. It turns out it had nothing wrong with the device itself, but with my Windows version.
    - Install disc comes in Chinese, though manual comes in english. No big deal - go to d-link website and download the drivers with screen info in English.

OtherThoughts:

If you have Windows 7 and buys this device, DO check if your chipset drivers are up-to-date. Not all versions of Windows carry the needed INF to recognize the DWA-125 as a wireless adapter, so you might need to go to Intel (or else) in order to download the latest.

Bottomline:

If you need a wireless device, this is a great one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections