Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Works for iPhone 3G

posted by MJdub on 08/17/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

These are very useful in my opinion, and cheap enough to buy several.
    These work for charging and for data for my iPhone 3G.
    Has a little lanyard loop next to the USB connector, if that's your thing.
    This is the classic "DIY-style iConnector", with a mini-USB connector that is in a soft-ish rubber boot on the other end. Pretty solid build quality and the USB connector has some flex.

Cons:

None really, but could be much cheaper if the manufacturing was automated.

OtherThoughts:

If you buy a bunch of these, you can eventually just stop buying the iDevice cables and go with mini USB instead. Where I am, a mini USB cable is always cheaper, and I could see it paying off eventually if you bought 3-5 of these. Especially if you have an iDevice but aren't sure if you want to get another one as your next device!
    I opened one of these because it is easily opened (if you are careful -- the clips can easily break if you bend them too much). There were four wires soldered to either connector. I don't know the pinout of the 'iConnector' but these worked fine for me.
    I bought two of these and two of sku.66174. I like the build quality of these a bit better, and like having the 'locking clips' on them, but the soldering could be a gamble. All of those that I bought tested fine.

Bottomline:

If you have an iPhone/Pod/Pad/whatever and you also happen to have a few mini-USB cables, buy 2 or 3 of these!
    Great to carry adapters like these in your bag so you only have to bring a few universal cables with you!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections