Good sound Great deal :) Cheap microphone
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Better than most microphones-on-a-stick

posted by zippyzap on 04/11/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Better sound quality than most cheap microphones-on-a-stick, and better sound quality than cheap headset microphones.
    I like using separate microphones since I can be picky about headphones, and I haven't found any headsets that I really like.
    I've tested my spoken voice using this and a number of other inexpensive microphones from DX and elsewhere, ranging from those built into headsets as well as stick microphones. This one gives the best sound quality. I tested by recording my voice as a WAV file and then playing it back.
    Looks more "pro" than a cheap multimedia microphone on a stick.

Stand is a bit short. I have to lean forward sometimes to get enough volume. I could turn up gain, but then it would pick up ambient sounds.
    Very lightweight and can slide around. Would be nice if it had a nicer stand, maybe weighted with a rubber base so it wouldn't slide.
    Needs space in front of keyboard. Would be nice if stand had a base (instead of tripod) so it could slide under keyboard.

Just the microphone clip (the part that holds the microphone, and screws into the tripod) is worth the money. You can possibly use it with other hand held microphones.
    I use this microphone a couple times a week, and every time I use it, I will use the on/off switch. No problems yet, and I've had this for over a half year.

Worth it if you have the desk space and want a stand-alone microphone on the cheap.

Post comment

DX Everywhere