Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Better than most microphones-on-a-stick

posted by zippyzap on 04/11/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Better sound quality than most cheap microphones-on-a-stick, and better sound quality than cheap headset microphones.
    I like using separate microphones since I can be picky about headphones, and I haven't found any headsets that I really like.
    I've tested my spoken voice using this and a number of other inexpensive microphones from DX and elsewhere, ranging from those built into headsets as well as stick microphones. This one gives the best sound quality. I tested by recording my voice as a WAV file and then playing it back.
    Looks more "pro" than a cheap multimedia microphone on a stick.

Cons:

Stand is a bit short. I have to lean forward sometimes to get enough volume. I could turn up gain, but then it would pick up ambient sounds.
    Very lightweight and can slide around. Would be nice if it had a nicer stand, maybe weighted with a rubber base so it wouldn't slide.
    Needs space in front of keyboard. Would be nice if stand had a base (instead of tripod) so it could slide under keyboard.

OtherThoughts:

Just the microphone clip (the part that holds the microphone, and screws into the tripod) is worth the money. You can possibly use it with other hand held microphones.
    I use this microphone a couple times a week, and every time I use it, I will use the on/off switch. No problems yet, and I've had this for over a half year.

Bottomline:

Worth it if you have the desk space and want a stand-alone microphone on the cheap.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections