• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty unique tool for the price...

posted by brainzilla2 on 09/23/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Light, cheap and does what it's made for: widening holes in softer materials.
    Handle and cap are made from aluminum, the blade-part is steel i guess (magnetic).
    Blade can be removed by loosening a small hex-scew.
    Blades and tip are extremely sharp / pointy and should be handled as such.
    I already used it for several "hacks" and let me tell you: It's awesome!
    This tool is widening pre-existing holes in PVC and polycarbonate like a boss - clean chipping as it should be, perfect holes without losing center or irregular sides.
    It will NOT be useful for making the initial holes itself. Even punching thick cardboard will mess with the tip, be very careful! Always dremel the hole you want to like 1-3mm and then widen it in small steps to reach your final width.

Cons:

The only problem is that you get conical holes - since the blade is conical. But usually that is not an issue.
    The blade is pretty soft - if you wanna use it with aluminum, make sure to work slow and provide good centering. Very hard types of aluminum wont work out and just dull the blade. You have been warned!

OtherThoughts:

Maximum end-diameter is not 14.00mm but 13.75mm
    Length of the blade tip-to-end is 45mm

Bottomline:

I nominate this for the prison-shank-of-the-year-awards with a 99% chance of winning 1st place :-)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections