DX » Community » Reviews » USB Rechargeable 1.4" LCD 65-Channel Mini GPS Receiver with Carabiner (WAAS/EGNOS)
  • 5 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 2 ( 40% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice back-up GPS

posted by kaiqueqg on 02/10/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very small
    Easy to use once you learn how to do it.
    Gives you a good precision. It's like 10m accuracy with 4 bars(6 or more satellites)
    The coordinates it's very close to where you are (If you get lost this coordinates will show where you are, for rescue and things like that)
    Geographic coordinate, elevation, easy of use and build quality is very good
    but.....

Cons:

That arrow, is more like dancing arrow... despise the coordinates are very precise, the arrow doesn't show the right direction, she keeps dancing,sometimes the direction of the coordinates it's to my front but the arrow shows that I have to walk to my back.
    The distance measure isn't precise, I walked 873m and it's shows 1300m, it's close but my pedometer is more precise...
    The only two cons is the arrow that show what direction you have to walk and the distance measurer.

OtherThoughts:

The arrow could be better, the distance measurer could be more precise, because of this they just became useless for small distances like 2 or 3 km. I will post photos and a video showing the devide working. Just wait.

Bottomline:

I liked, didn't worked as I expected but there is ok, the coordinates are very precise so it will work if you have a map and a compass. The perfect use of this device is for back-up unit, it's small, so you can carry on your body, rather than you carry on your backpack. You can lose your backpack.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections