DX » Community » Reviews » Trekking and Nordic Walking Pole with 9-LED Flashlight (Black)
  • 5 star 4 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great Walking Pole...

posted by LoneRider on 06/29/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Cheap and sturdy and comes with an antishock system that eases the paonding on long treks

Has 4 sections to sensure easy packing and adjuastable height.

Very light-weight

Good foam grip

The light is a plus for a few dollars extra but see below for more about this.

Cons:

The light came DOA with scratches on the plastic lens.

Reflector was peeling

Tried my best but couldn't get the light working and gave up I'm not going to ask for a replacement as travelling to and from the local PO is a hassle, not to mention the cost.

Anti-shock system cannot be locked.

OtherThoughts:

I'd recommend the cheaper model without light. To be honest a product like this, with all the bumps that it receives in daily use is bound to fail. If you need a light get a small LED torch as prices have been falling steadily or better, get an LED headlamp.

Great for short treks and wading across shallow steams while fishing (my main use).

Bottomline:

Great pole, especially if the light works but for the price I pay I guess this is acceptable. Don't be turned off though, buy one and if you receive a defect get RMA from DX as I've had positive experiences asking them for replacements.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections