DX » Community » Reviews » Brodie Knob/Steering Wheel Spinner with Compass - Silver + Red Brown
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not as Robust as it looks

posted by GarryJSmith on 02/08/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This item arrived looking exactly like it does in the images. However, not nearly robust enough for the intended use. The "bearing" is actually a piece of chromed metal through the middle of the handle with a fat screw and washer at each end.
    With the expected amount of lateral force that would be applied to this device I have no doubt it would not survive any sort of serious use.

Cons:

"Bearing" is overlong and makes the handle excessively loose and therefore it is very loose and rattles - I disassembled it and tightened everything - but the "Bearing is too long - I adjusted it with an additional washer inside the handle end of the Bearing - stopped the rattle but I suspect the screw into the base of the bearing holding the device to the steering wheel will not hold for long under normal stresses.
    Compass in the middle is useless - very cheap and no chance of it rotating when it is always on its side in the knob.

OtherThoughts:

Better attention to the length and fitting of the Bearing - replace the compass with a car logo or something decorative. Compass - even if a good one would never work on the normal angles this devise is used.

Bottomline:

This one is destined for the bin - not constructed safely nor robust enough to serious use.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections