DX » Community » Reviews » Micro Sim Card to Standard Sim Card Adapter (Black)
  • 5 star 31 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 17 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 4 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Does its job, but not for frequent SIM changes

posted by nightsnack on 08/10/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Changes your micro SIM into a regular SIM. Does what it says it does.

Cons:

The micro SIM doesn't "snap" into place. This means the micro SIM card will drop out if you tip it over. This is solved by using the provided sticker, which says "MicroSIM Adapter" on it. You stick this on the adapter's back then put the micro SIM in, pasting it on the sticky side of the sticker. The problem is that the fixture becomes somewhat permanent. If you take out the micro SIM, you will lose the stickiness next time you want to put it in again.

OtherThoughts:

More for those who want to permanently convert their micro SIM to regular SIM, not for those who want to swap cards/phones frequently.

Bottomline:

Using the two stickers provided, I created a "base" that is non-sticky so I can put the micro SIM card in and out without getting it all sticky. It's a workable solution, but those who need to switch cards often should go for some of the other options. I haven't tried it, but SKU 40832 seems better. It's double the price though.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections