DX » Community » Reviews » 5.0" LCD Windows CE 5.0 Core GPS Navigator w/FM Transmitter + Internal 4GB Memory (Europe Maps)
  • 5 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good value for money

posted by LCarrera on 01/17/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Very good price.
    - Very complete with maps of a lot of countries.
    - Great navigation SW.
    - You can copy you preferred navigation SW & maps.
    - Can also be used to watch movies or play music and, with the FM transmiter, have the sound on the radio of the car.

Cons:

- Screen sensibility is not very good sometimes, detecting the touch in a different location you are touching.
    - No access to data on the internal memory and almost no free space (lots of maps loaded) so you cannot update maps or SW or copy anything there. You need to buy another memory card for that purpose. I bought a 4 GB card, not expensive, and now can copy whatever I want.

OtherThoughts:

I don't like the holder. Even though it works, it looks like it is not going to last too much.
    Other people have critics regarding the screen with sun light. I haven't had any problem having it in front of me, but the person on my side couldn't see it (not a problem for me as I was the one driving).
    The battery could last longer, but you can always have it plugged.

Bottomline:

I'm happy with the purchase. Very good gadget for a low price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections