DX » Community » Reviews » Dual Frequency Display Multi Band Walkie-Talkie with VOX/Flashlight/FM Radio (VHF/UHF)
  • 5 star 22 ( 92% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 8% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good radio

posted by chemist95 on 12/25/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Fantastic price! You will not find such a versatile radio at anything less than twice what this sells for.
    Great frequency range. Picks up my local taxis, security guards, police, EMS.
    Feels steady and well made!
    Comes with a bright flash light
    Good power. Got about 1km in with simplex communication in a suburb with no line of sight. Haven't tried any repeaters because that would be illegal for unlicensed user like me
    Very good sound quality especially on UHF
    FM Radio feature is nice
    Good english manual

Cons:

It doesn't allow 390-400MHz which is annoying because there is some interesting mil air there.
    The provided AC adapter is for 120V only and is 14VAC out. But don't fear, I used a 12V DC 1A adapter from a router and it worked fine :)
    Doesn't fit well into charging dock. I take the battery out and place it into the dock
    Lack of DTMF could be problem for amateurs
    A little bit fiddly, but manual is helpful

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Great radio. Even for the unlicensed, it makes a great reciever. Ever wanted to listen to the police radio? With this you can (provided there analog!)
    Best radio for the price. Very happy. 5 stars

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections