• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best HT - Super Long Battery Life

posted by kurtismccartney on 01/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

As a HAM Operator in Canada it can be hard to find a deal - this product is amazing as long as you can follow regulations.

Much like the best HF base stations this unit has more bands than it needs. I programmed in the GMRS/FRS, WX Weather, Local Repeaters VHF and UHF, and some business band frequencies.

Bought two and used the VOX function to build a makeshift repeater for a weekend trip into northern Ontario. DX also sells the 2.5m to 3.5m adapters and some antenna adaptors to hook it up to a much larger antenna system.

Cons:

No DTMF, so I have to politely ask another ham to dial in IRLP on some repeaters if I'm not near a tone generator.

Every one of the OEM Antennas kinks near the bottom if you don't reinforce them. It doesn't effect regular operation but a spring from a clicky pen and some electrical tape will help defend against it pre-emptively.

OtherThoughts:

If there were a 60w/45w VHF/UHF mobile rig from the same brand (Quansheng) I would buy it from DX. DX has the best prices on Quansheng equipment.

The Quansheng TG-UV2 is superior to the other HTs that cost about $20 less.

Bottomline:

Buy two and try out some nifty features.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections