DX » Community » Reviews » 21mm LED Acrylic Lens for Flashlight (5-Pack)
  • 5 star 4 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKorkonen on 04/04/2013

Plastic optics based on total internal reflection (TIR). The overall quality is ok, fairly efficient collimation of light from a power LED to a narrow beam. As a plastic optic the LED connections can not be accidentally short circuited as is possible with some metal reflectors. Max outer diameter of 21mm is a bit large for some milling taps that I have,... Read more

0 0
  • ok
    posted byJosh101 on 03/12/2013

Good solid acrylic (plastic) lens, were delivered with no damage and were all there. Ok beam for the LED's i used The slot for the LED is too deep for any of the LED's i used. only have the cavity was filled by the led. so i am not sure the focus was what it was supposed to be. I am going to try to file down the base to get the led to fit further into ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylasermanathome on 12/24/2012

The nice thing of these kind of optics is the high percentage of transducing light into a beam wich has a divergence comparable of a wideangle laser. Expecially with R2 leds, it is difficult to beat the divergence, even recoil led flashlight included. Can easily made fit in W501 as an alternative for its reflector. Don't scratch them, handle with care.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byollyk22 on 06/16/2011

Use with Cree emitter is easy Nice clean optics Clean narrow beam Might need hot glue to stick to emitter Handle with care - can mark & scratch easily a bit lossy but sat in a standard reflector helps to reduce this. I personally would be sceptical about painting the sides as this will only absorb light? Great lens allows you to throw the beam a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteve000 on 05/20/2011

These are great they really focus the LED and take away the flood. Id say the beam is around 5 degrees maybe 10degs. less than a normal LED at same distance. There is a lot of light being lost around the sides, id recommend coating the sides in reflective paint of possible, such as chrome paint They fit properly, as in they will stick to the LED and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byseckinb on 01/05/2011

+ TIR optics + A clean throwy beam + Works well with an XR-E emitter + Can take the place of a reflector easily - One in the batch was scratched and a piece chipped in the delivery. - May need to adjust the emitter distance to perfectly fit into the optics, in modding a current light. I also have a Hugsby P2 light using TIR optics which I love to use.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections