Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byblackicepc on 03/19/2009

Surprisingly bright O-rings at all important places, should be water resistant/proof. Nice tight beam Thrower Flawless anodizing and milling Beam is around 7000K. Between blue and violet. Threads were not lubed, but that's fixed easily. Plastic reflector Very stiff clicky The hot spot of this light is ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bychaosfourever on 11/10/2008

This is a good host for lasers. I need to build my first one and this is the host that I turned to. The metal body is great and allows for good protection. The board is easy to access and easy to utilize. Even if it is not modded then this is still an amzingly bright flashlight for the cheap price. The ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bythesk8nmidget on 08/22/2008

this flashlight is lightweight, easy to use, very strudy, and i would say trustworthy to use in the rain. i use this flashlight and have used it in the past when camping, and even rafting. and i takes cr123 batteries! there are not very many cons due to its high build quality. one problem i had was one ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted by50Freestyle on 08/18/2008

-The most incredible build quality -Super bright -Easy to use -Can use 3V CR2 batteries(See Other thoughts) -Easily modded into a laser -The price can't be beat -Mostly waterproof -It can't run off of 3.6V CR123A without a mod. -No O-Ring between cap and glass to completely water seal it. I bought 3.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byMauswiesel on 08/04/2008

I bought several (7) mxdl 5 watt for Do It yourself project : The build quality is perfect (metal, no plastic), switch is back the lamp, power is very bright, design is perfect for homemade laser or using as simple lamp =) Can't use with cr123a rechargeable ( work, but one of my 5 mxdl lumiled died with ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byangusW on 06/15/2008

Great price for this light. Pretty decent build quality. The clicky is solid and works well. Smooth reflector will give rings which I find quite annoying. Can't seem to find a replacement reflector on DX. Does not use a driver, just a resistor, so the efficiency will not be the best. Threads a bit rough.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymotorider826 on 06/09/2008

This flashlight is small yet sturdy. It is fairly bright. It can be taken apart easily and upgraded. Threads stick a bit. Could be brighter, but it is still fairly bright as is. Doesn't work on 3.6v batteries without upgrade You can get a new driver and brighter cee bulb and 3.6v batteries and make it ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byjalucas on 03/07/2008

Cheap, bright flashlight. Very focused beam, color wasn't too bad either. Easy to use, just put in some batteries and you are set. I wouldn't trust the waterproof claim. The o-rings on mine were sticking out all over the place because they didn't quite fit. One of the two that I purchased had a much ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byspencer on 02/26/2008

This flashlight has a very nice feel and look to it, and I consider it an ideal size. It's neither too large nor too small. The look is professional, and it has a good-sized clicky at the rear. There were some artifacts in the light beam (as in holes) that were corrected by maneuvering the reflector ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byamkdeath on 01/28/2008

EXTRMELY bright, compares to my american made $60 flashlight (in brightness) I bought this to mod into a burning laser, there is a tutorial on how to do this on lpf. There is also another mod to make it even brighter, how-to found on lpf. lots of space for modding on the inside, glass window. sturdy ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections