DX » Community » Reviews » 2.2" LCD Laser Photo Digital Tachometer - Dark Gray + Orange
  • 5 star 8 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• good tachmeter

posted by parallel on 08/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

its the first time that i by tachometer and it was very exciting experience for me. i could finally check the speed of my wireless drill speed and my provisional drill turning speed.
    i have setup the professional drill to 1000RPM and the meter show me 1007rpm which i am sure that its accurate. i have also measure my wireless drill ( makitta) that should have turn in 1500rpm and i got a read of 1020rpm max!! and i have two of them and they both gave me the same measure. so i guess that my drill is getting old...

Cons:

i try to measure on a 4 cm wheel and it was not easy. The smallest wheel that I could make a read was 3.5cm smaller then that you need to use some creativity.

OtherThoughts:

they supply some reflector tape with that ( maybe 1 meter) . it could be nice if they would sell it also in separate in DX. i don't know where it could be bought elsewhere. it uses 9v battery!! and it was quite hard hooking it up. That connector is in a bad quality.
    the way it works is quite strange - only when you press the "test" button it gives you the read. sometimes you would like to have your fingers free and its quite hard to navigate like that.

Bottomline:

Do the job quite nice. Fits the price. I can recommend it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections