DX » Community » Reviews » 2.2" LCD Laser Photo Digital Tachometer - Dark Gray + Orange
  • 5 star 8 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Tachometer

posted by hirou on 01/03/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

This unit outperforms my $500.00 USD strobotachometer. It runs on only one 9 volt battery unlike my old photo digital tachometer. The old one needed 6 AA batteries and ate them up. My old strobotachometer needed a $38.00 USD battery every once in a while. The laser in this is quite strong so it works even when you are pretty far from the shaft of the turning motor or fan blades. Battery usage seems minimal.

Cons:

You may have to use the supplied reflective tape.

OtherThoughts:

It reads directly and if its a fan blade you might not need to put tape on the shaft. It came with a nice nylon case. The memory function works well. If you are tuning a radio controlled car or plane engine for maximum RPMs this would be the way to go.

Bottomline:

If you want to measure the speed of a rotating shaft you want this tachometer. If you don't care, don't bother and move along as there is noting to see here. I bought two.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections