Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
so, where to start... let's make a simple list:
1. well built item
2. it works very well (better with another antenna)
3. easy installation
4. just standard antenna
5. true RTL8187L chip set
6. inject works
7. can work also with draft-N (update drv from RTL website)
8. with a decent directional antenna this dongle rocks!
and here for the cons list:
1. the antenna is too BIG and this doesn't mean performance, you need another one because this is just a regular/normal antenna (I suggest sku.37185)
2. CD (2) are useless, or better you can install the driver from the 2nd CD (miniCD) but soon you have to update from RTL website
3. no other thoughts, perhaps it could be a bit cheaper
you get 2 CD (one is miniCD), you need just the 2nd one (miniCD) for driver installation
even if written in Chinese it's easy to understand OS name (Vista/XP/etc...)
with any other "normal" usb pendrive or internal laptop wifi I was able at home to reach 4-5 wifi networks (all encrypted), with this usb dongle I'm able to reach at least the double & above all the signal is stronger (not so much but definitively stronger)
anyway changing the antenna with something more serious (for ex a directional 8-10dbi antenna) the dongle really rocks! I get about 10-15 networks, some of them are opened :)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.