DX » Community » Reviews » 2000mW High Power 802.11a/b/g USB Wireless Network Dongle with 10dBi Antenna
  • 5 star 21 ( 57% )
  • 4 star 13 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• not so cheap anyway good price, antenna is poor

posted by davide.lemma on 10/06/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

so, where to start... let's make a simple list:

1. well built item

2. it works very well (better with another antenna)

3. easy installation

4. just standard antenna

5. true RTL8187L chip set

6. inject works

7. can work also with draft-N (update drv from RTL website)

8. with a decent directional antenna this dongle rocks!

Cons:

and here for the cons list:

1. the antenna is too BIG and this doesn't mean performance, you need another one because this is just a regular/normal antenna (I suggest sku.37185)

2. CD (2) are useless, or better you can install the driver from the 2nd CD (miniCD) but soon you have to update from RTL website

3. no other thoughts, perhaps it could be a bit cheaper

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

you get 2 CD (one is miniCD), you need just the 2nd one (miniCD) for driver installation

even if written in Chinese it's easy to understand OS name (Vista/XP/etc...)

with any other "normal" usb pendrive or internal laptop wifi I was able at home to reach 4-5 wifi networks (all encrypted), with this usb dongle I'm able to reach at least the double & above all the signal is stronger (not so much but definitively stronger)

anyway changing the antenna with something more serious (for ex a directional 8-10dbi antenna) the dongle really rocks! I get about 10-15 networks, some of them are opened :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections