Customer’s impression:
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Holy wowsers this is a powerful adaptor

posted by fo0bar on 01/10/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Super awesomely powerful adaptor. Amazing. Extremely impressed with this thing. Didn't require any driver installation on Ubuntu - the aircrack-ng suite worked no worries. No driver installation under windows 7 either. Small enough to put in my pocket or netbook bag, so I can pick up wireless wherever I am.

The antenna isn't great. Definitely NOT 10dbi. Though I think I had a little better luck with mine than most other people. Mine certainly works, however only around as good as the 2-3dbi ones that come with routers. I'm not really phased, as i'd already read the reviews about the shocking antenna.

The adaptor is amazingly powerful and simple to use, and it looks great too. I puchased this with the 16dbi Yagi on DX, and mouted it to a tripod - a fantastic combination for neighbourhood WiFi scanning.

As long as you're not counting on the antenna being 10dbi, this is a completely awesome product. Add a good directional antenna to it to pick up free internet from a distance!

Post comment

DX Everywhere