DX » Community » Reviews » 1.5" LCD Dual Frequency Multi Band Walkie-Talkie with VOX/Flashlight/FM Radio (VHF/UHF)
  • 5 star 5 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• feels robust, works intuitive

posted by dixan on 10/13/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This radio feels robust and works quite easily. I hardly needed the manual to operate it. 
    I bought the external (very small) mike to it, which is, when plugged in, also the speaker. 
    Changing the frequency can also be done by the knob on top of the radio.

Cons:

The squelch can only be operated by the menu. I would have liked a knob for it.
    The external mike is plugged in left of the display. The rubber cover is quite rigid, which makes plugging it in not very smooth.

OtherThoughts:

An included adapter cable from the inverse SMA antenna connector to e.g. PL259 would be nice for use in a car.
    I expected it to be very very small, although knowing the dimensions.. It fits actually very good in an average hand. 
    The Tx frequencies are not legal in every country. The radio covers more than the average HAM frequencies, which is, in my opinion, not always preferable.

Bottomline:

Sofar it seems a good radio for a good price. I bought it because I wanted to have a 2m/70cm HAM radio again, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. This is a good bargain. It really makes me wonder how they can build this for the money.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections