DX » Community » Reviews » Mini CMOS Surveillance Security Camera with 12-LED Night Vision (DC 12V)
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Reasonable enclosure, basic camera

posted by apollo51 on 01/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The enclosure for this camera is quite good - I think it will be okay for outdoor mounting as long as it is well out of the weather - for instance mounting under eaves. The enclose LOOKS good too, without being over the top in size.

Cons:

The stand is pretty flimsy, it is the type with just one hole and a slot, the intention being that you fix the center hole and only partially tighten the slot hole, swing the camera to the right location and then tighten the slot hole. However, you would need a drop of locktite on the camera stand as well if you expected it to stay in position.
    The low light performance is pretty bad. Lots of cameras come with this "0 Lux" rating - but I wish they could actually be more honest - I will try and post a picture of SKU 42033 (camera) working with SKU 49796 (Screen) in a fairly well lit room - 200 watts of incandescent lighting directly overhead - you can plainly see that the camera has switched to IR mode.
    I am not so sure about the "12V" rating - I did not have the equipment (a variable power supply) to test this properly, but I think the camera might work better on a lower voltage.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Enclosure is good, low light operation is not too brilliant.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections