Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Using it 3 days

posted by sasap on 07/30/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Good as ebook reader. I use it with iReader for Android for reading PDB and tried about 5 other readers.
    Display is good and nicely readable even on 50% brightness level.
    Build quality is good. The back is plastic but relativelly sturdy.

Cons:

Short endurance on battery. Between 2-3 hours with WiFi and 50% brightness level.
    My device emmits annoying high pitched sound while enabled from a coil or capacitor. It's not too loud and some people won't even notice it, but for me it's annoying.
    The sensitivity of the touch control can be better. Even after several calibration attempts of touch control it's hard to control the device, especially the menu scrolling is hard.

OtherThoughts:

The performance of WM8505 chipset even with 256MB memory with stock firmware is not very good.
    But for the price the device is perfect e-book reader and can be used for Web browsing. Do not expect much more for the $107 pricetag and You will be satisfied.
    There are software problems with accessing Youtube with default application and accessing Android Market (workaround exists), but this is more problem of the installed Android and not the device itself.

Bottomline:

My device arrived after 12 days of waiting, so I'm generally satisfied with delivery time.
    Device arrived with Android 1.6 build 1.7.4., there are no manufaturer logo.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections