DX » Community » Reviews » Universal Swivel Flash Stand Holder for Lamp and Camera
  • 5 star 7 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty good deal as far as I can see

posted by larking on 08/12/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It is actually really well built (some exceptions below) and does it's job well. Has a connector both for tripod screw and for light stand (I guess 1/2'' unthreaded). There's a place for an umbrella and the whole thing can swivel forward and backward or rotate around freely, with locking on both with a screw.

Cons:

The top part that holds the flash came apart after I played with it... and I can fit it back properly. Doesn't matter, the top is attached with a tripod screw so I fit a flash gun stand (for 2.5$ here) and now it is even easier to take the flash on and off.

OtherThoughts:

Like a lot of items on DX, its hit and miss. Some are totally worth the money, some are a waste of time. But most of these things cost less than half of what you pay at home - so usually you break even!

Bottomline:

Get this and a white diffuser umbrella. Start out with any tripod and move on to light stand. For a few bucks you can get the most out of your off-camera flash.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections