• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome

posted by Acey01 on 11/02/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This product is truly awesome, I am a camera operator by profession and use Litepanels led lights (litepanel MicroPro) for a while now, they cost around $500,- these cost only a fraction of the price and are also very good Absolutely flicker-free light output. I use the same battery on the light as I use in my camera. When I measured the light temperature the where almost identical to that of the MicroPro (a bit more green though). There a 3 filters with it (a 3200°K Daylight to Tungsten conversion, White diffusion and what i guess should be an ¼ CTO warm diffusion)

Cons:

The filters don't have some kind of locking mechanism so there lose in there braked and that causes them to fall out or make a rattling sound. Nothing some gaffer tape cant fix though. The stance is a bit flimsy be careful not to break it. The ¼ CTO warm diffusion is actually a kind a pink and far from ¼ CTO warm I would recommend using some gel filters. my genuine sony battery's are a pain pain to switch.

Bottomline:

Good and cheap product. For professional use i would recommend using filters to make sure the color temperature is 5600°K (Daylight Output)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections