DX » Community » Reviews » 9.6W 160-LED 660LM 5400K Video Light with Three Filters for Panasonic CGR-D16S + More
  • 5 star 14 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 26% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• I'll need to buy another one..

posted by snoeg on 07/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Simple and easy to use light source with brightness adjust. Can use regular AA batteries as well as some rechargeable battery packs. Easy to mount on a flash stand. Can also be mounted on a tripod.

Cons:

No plug for external power. It has battery status indicator lights, but they're not that great. The plastic housing made of is rather thin and hard plastic which might crack if you accidentally drop it (or try to modify it).

OtherThoughts:

I don't want to mount it on a tripod directly. Instead I use a cheap flash stand in between for additional support.

Haven't measured the light temp, but it is quite close to daylight. Filters seem alright, too.

The device appears to be using a constant current source to drive the LEDs. So, it can run just as well on 7 (battery pack) to 9 (AA-batteries) volts and will adjust it's current draw accordingly.

Bottomline:

Despite some minor drawbacks, I really like this small light. Its very much what you'd expect from a LED light and you'll probably want a few of these to create a nice studio lighting setup.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections