• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great bits kit with extending screwdriver shaft

posted by Ricnz on 06/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Was surprised how good the handle was. It was larger than expected with nice rubberized grip. Bits are normal size, not the brittle mini bits found in similar kits. Was after a kit (harbor freight tools) with adjustable extending shaft and this as close as I could get. Price was more at DX but free freight sealed the deal and end product is I believe better than the HFT model. The extending shaft option for me makes this a more adaptable tool.

Cons:

The cover latch was broken when it arrived - fixed with paper clip and hot melt glue. Delivery time was quite long, one month plus. Thought it was lost.

Have not tried bits in power driver and expect they may not stand up to that sort of heavy duty application.

OtherThoughts:

The split tip bit noted by another reviewer is known here (NZ) as a snake eye.

Bottomline:

It's a nice kit. Very happy with purchase. Good quality, very good, useful bit selection. Would recommend to anyone with need for these special "security type" bits. Build quality would have been marked higher had the catch survived :-)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections