Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Pretty impressed so far

posted by mant_ on 12/23/2007
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very nice workmanship, rivals that of a certain very popular incandescent manufacturer. Anodizing is tough and smooth, LED is centered correctly, reverse clickie is firm, and the XR-E is very bright on 2 AAs. Without a lux meter, I would say that it is one of my brightest lights (even compared to some more expensive lights).

Cons:

Clickie protrudes, so no tailstanding. Obviously the 2AAs make this a little longer so this is not a good choice for a EDC pocket light (if I could find a holster that would work better)

OtherThoughts:

I bought this light as a gift after previously purchasing the Ultrafire C3 AA Cree. I was pretty disappointed after that purchase, but this light is worlds better even though it takes 2 cells. Also, the pill is threaded and comes out easily if you plan to mod when the higher binned Crees come out.

Bottomline:

I never review the lights I buy, but I registered just to say that I highly recommend this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections