DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Pro Slave Flash - Black (2*AA)
  • 5 star 12 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKruvi45 on 12/09/2013

For the price it’s a great flash and produces a good amount of light. I wouldn’t recommend using it as a primary flash, but rather as extra fill since you can’t control it as much as more expensive flashes. No way to swivel the head, so you have to angle it by other means if possible. No way to control the power of the flash, so it’s fixed – but it ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygroseran on 08/13/2013

Compact, lightweight, charges quite fast (2-3 sec), good sensitivity at slave mode and of course – CHEEP!!!. I’m not a pro photographer but I can imagine a pro photographer having this as a backup slave flash for close range illumination. A real Must for any amateur who is trying to take some nice indoor photos with any kind of camera having a built ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bychetvaldes on 06/07/2013

good price, functions well enough, very bright flash, and the slave function is invaluable Reflector is held in place by two small globs of hot glue- I had to reglue mine because it came loose- very easy to take apart though. Great extra for small point and shoot cameras with no hot shoe- the slave funtion works well with my Samsung digital camera- ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynrh2005 on 04/08/2013

It's light, very portable and very useful to put just a little more light when using the pop-up flash of the camera. It can serves as a principal light or can be used as slave flash: there is an mechanical switch to change this. It comes with an lateral support to put the camera as seen on the dx.com images. None. It's working fine. It's difficult to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLaurent94 on 02/27/2013

The price, obviously. More powerful than expected. The optical slave is amazingly sensitive. The setup is very easy and the flash fires every time on the number of flashes requested (will not fire with "anti red eye" camera flash, but will go off with the actual "picture flash" if you set it up properly) VERY very cheap material.... Read more

0 1
  • posted byindika7447 on 01/24/2013

1) Low cost 2) Uses AA batteries, so no need for specialized batteries 3) Very light weight 4) Can be operated as a slave flash unit 5) Suffieciently powerful light 1) Cannot be used with focusing pre-flashes Although it says it can be used with pre flashes in 4 slave flash modes, my understanding is that function is not working. The flash goes off ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byjoseeg22 on 01/12/2013

Great light appoint for Cameras that don't have a good flash or to have better pictures when it's dark . The product isn't built with cheap materials and looks very thought. The flash is limited in the choice of positions you can have with it and the screws aren't thight as the first time at the second use but it still usable. There is no infos coming ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byheikkipekka on 01/07/2013

Very cheap and slave flash seems to trigger well enough. No way to control output level so it's always in full power and the color temperature is too blue to be used together with my other flashes. For the price I didn't expect much and seems like it's no use for my use. Would have used this as a rim light addition to other lights but since no way to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzrupov on 11/13/2012

Item works as described. Price is very good. Tried it at different settings. Works very good. At distance of 5 meters makes perfect light. Timing is very accurate, the person I have shoot at said he can't notice that there are 2 flashes. The hot shue is a little tight. The battery compartment is a bit confusing, but is ok - not loose not tight. I have ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byNecRomantic on 09/21/2012

A very useful thing, especially for portraits outside the studio. Easy to use and configure. Two switches interact with any other flash. Works only on two batteries. Very compact, and despite the fact that I use rarely - carry with me all the time. Good build quality. At that price, I really do not see Cons. It wrote that does not works wirh rechargeable ... Read more

Slave Flash1 flash close-up attachment1
    0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections