Customer’s impression:
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great little flash

posted by asgar5 on 05/30/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

This flash worked right out of the box after putting batteries in it. I tested it with a Lumix DMC FZ18 with preflash (slave mode on S1) and it worked without problems.. Will use it as a fill in flash and may buy a couple more.

Batteries fitted well, not too tight. Tested it with NikkelAnhydride batteries and worked fine

Not really, it does what it is supposed to do

It may seem hard to figure out how to put in the batteries --> check the lid of the battery dock: It shows a + and a -

The slavemodes are quite easy:

S1: fire on first flash (skip nothing)

S2: fire on second flash (for most preflash situations)

S3: fire on third flash (so skip 2)

S4: fire on fourth flash (so skip 3)

As I knew my camera only has one preflash, I immediately selected S2 and that worked.

Oddly: if I put my cam on red-eye reduction, as far as I know it fires 2 preflashes. Still the flash needed to be set to S2, well, maybe I am mistaken with the 2 preflashes.

Nevertheless, there is a clearly visible delay between the red-eye flash and the main flash from the camera and this SlaveFlash had no trouble working with this

Really worthwhile buying if you need a small flash to support yr main flash or if you need a fill in light

Post comment

DX Everywhere