Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great little flash

posted by asgar5 on 05/30/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

This flash worked right out of the box after putting batteries in it. I tested it with a Lumix DMC FZ18 with preflash (slave mode on S1) and it worked without problems.. Will use it as a fill in flash and may buy a couple more.

Batteries fitted well, not too tight. Tested it with NikkelAnhydride batteries and worked fine

Cons:

Not really, it does what it is supposed to do

OtherThoughts:

It may seem hard to figure out how to put in the batteries --> check the lid of the battery dock: It shows a + and a -

The slavemodes are quite easy:

S1: fire on first flash (skip nothing)

S2: fire on second flash (for most preflash situations)

S3: fire on third flash (so skip 2)

S4: fire on fourth flash (so skip 3)

As I knew my camera only has one preflash, I immediately selected S2 and that worked.

Oddly: if I put my cam on red-eye reduction, as far as I know it fires 2 preflashes. Still the flash needed to be set to S2, well, maybe I am mistaken with the 2 preflashes.

Nevertheless, there is a clearly visible delay between the red-eye flash and the main flash from the camera and this SlaveFlash had no trouble working with this

Bottomline:

Really worthwhile buying if you need a small flash to support yr main flash or if you need a fill in light

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections