DX » Community » Reviews » Protective Folding Leather Case for Iphone 3g/3GS - Black
  • 5 star 6 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great case, brittle plastic...

posted by helpman on 09/05/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The leather case looks awesome. Great quality, nice look, lets you use all iphone's buttons perfectly, camera hole is well aligned and the leather rim extends a bit longer than the iphone borders so even side-hits should be no problem.

Cons:

The inner case where you place your iphone is made os plastic. Thin plastic.
    It holds the iphone really thigh and you must struggle a bit to take it out.
    The plastic case is not a one-piece cast, but the back plastic case and the upper half of the rim are sealed together.
    This makes it have a really brittle zone all around the plastic case, and the very first time I placed my iphone on it, it cracked open. From the volume buttons to the base, about 2cm of long cracked along the line where the two parts are sealed.
    I glued it back with superglue. It seems to hold it in place now.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

It's a nice cover if you look at it's price, and if you're lucky maybe the plastic case inside the leather one won't break apart as mine. Maybe mine was defective.
    And if it breaks along the seal you can fix it with superglue, then paint the white dry glue with a black cd or dvd marker ;)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections