DX » Community » Reviews » Genuine Philips USB Dual-Shock Gaming Controller with Retractable Cable for PC (150CM-Cable)
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good thing

posted by neogeo1 on 04/15/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I think it's best pad that can ever be here on DX.

Other pads is very cheap and so they are can't be built from good materials.

Buttons are work soft, and analog sticks made of metals. So they work great and allways return to default possition.

Sides are made of rubber and hold nice in hands.

Cord can be hidden in pad, it's very usefull.

When pad is pluged in it's shining with blue light.

Cons:

When I received it, some buttons did work bad.It has to push it with force unless they won't work.

So I has to open pad and clean black conductors using alcohol or propanol. And now all buttons work great even with weak pushing.

Driver don't have some helpfull features like axis replasing, tuning sticks, or 16 button feature. It has only 12 buttons mode and axis can work only in analog mode.

It has no turbo button, and it's drawback.

OtherThoughts:

I bought it to use in some games but first of all I tried it in old game. WWF wrestlemania. And it hardly to use it, but maybe I just lost proficiency. In UMK3 it's allways jumping when u trying to just walk but maybe I just have to get accustomed.

Bottomline:

It's not the best pad I had use to, but it's most expensive that I found here. And SO I don's see any reasons to buy another cheaper pads. I don't think other pads can be better quality.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections